none
The specified user could not be found - ADFS with multiple realms

Question

• I am using a single trusted identity token issuer (ADFS 2.0) with multiple realms for different sites (urn:sharepoint:int-site1 and urn:sharepoint:int-site2).  I added my provider to both sites through central administration and the first site works fine and allows my external user to authenticate.  The second site gives me an access denied page (which I expected) and asks that I request access.  When I submit the request for access I get an error message back stating "The specified user username@email.com could not be found".  What could I be missing?
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Drew,

is there any update regarding this after eric posts?

perhaps i need to sync a bit with you regarding this issue,

1. no-permission user login, then access denied,

2. if there is no permission, then who ask for the request, for example user A login, then access denied, sharepoint should not able recognize user A, then if the temp user send request, then do sharepoint acknowledge the temp user?

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, October 18, 2013 10:03 AM

All replies