none
Alarms getting generated for MSExchangeIS and MSExchangeSA

Question

• Hello guys,

One of the monitoring system we got keeps generating alerts every 2 hours for these two services. I am not sure of how to get ride of those. Any help on this is highly appreciated

Monitoring generated Service Alarm at 8:21:28 pm 23-Jul-13 UTC on 
    XYZ / N/A

System:
    XYZ
    Device: N/A

Monitor Set: Exchange
    Services
    Type: Service
    Log Object Name: MSExchangeSA
    Agent Alarm Time:
    8:21:28 pm 23-Jul-13 UTC
    Log Value: Service Does Not Exist
    Alarm Operator:
    N/A
    Alarm Threshold: N/A
    Alarm Duration: N/A

Thanks !!!

Sanjay

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Anything in the event logs of the Exchange Servers themselves? Otherwise, it may be a problem with your monitoring system and not Exchange.

By the way, what are the roles on the Exchange Servers? Only the Mailbox Role has the System Attendant service installed.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:29 PM
  • Thank you for your reply sir. Yes, its a normal Exchange server with CAS, Mailbox and Hub transport server roles. We monitor a few clients with the monitoring software but this is the only one which throws these errors. Of-course those services are running and I don't see any thing going wrong on the server side
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:43 PM
  • Is this what you are using?
    http://community.kaseya.com/kb/w/wiki/516.aspx

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/27/p/3131/82401.aspx

If not, I would ask the vendor for your product about this.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:56 PM
  • Yes sir, we use Kaseya to monitor. I spoke to the System Admin who does monitor those services and assigns it to me to have a look at it since it's Exchange related. I have asked him to take a look into and it. Thank you reply prompt reply sir, I appreciate it !! 
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:18 PM