none
DPM volume sizing tool - error permissiom denied on SQL

Question

• When running the above to tool to get stats on SQL I get permission denied when the script is run........where if any do I need to set prmissions?
    Monday, January 30, 2012 10:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you download and register the SQLDMO.DLL ?  I would open an administrative command prompt and CD to the folder that contains the DLL and then run: Regsvr32 sqldmo.dll

Querying SQL Server information.

The SQLDMO object is required to query SQL Server information by using integrated authentication by using your current user credentials.
     To download, click the
    SQLDMO.DLL file, copy it to a directory and then register it. To register the SQLDMO.DLL file, click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 SQLDMO.DLL, and then click OK.

After registering it, run cscript DPMvolumeSizing.VBS /sql: SQL-instance1

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 3:45 AM
  • Now getting this error when run

microsoft vbscript runtime error activex component can't create object

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:06 AM
  • It seems that that package http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&id=9245 to download the SQLDMO.DLL does not contain that file, so registration fails.  Not sure where else to get that file.
    Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:08 PM