none
SBS 2011 Exchange console error

Question

• SBS 2011 has been installed in a clean machine - no migration.  The install reported no errors.  I've been able to add users and the daily reports indicate that the mailboxes for the users have been created successfully.  Based on that, I think Exchange itself is alright.  My problem is that after I start the EMC I get the following error.  There are simular postings but nothing that matches.  I've tried posting to the Exchange forum but I"ve been referred the the SBS community.  Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks - Mike

Mike
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:45 PM

Answers

• Susan,

Here's a screen shot of the current IIS status.  The default site shows up but I'm not sure of its status.  If there's some method you'd like me to check this with please let me know and I'll make it happen.

Mike
    • Marked as answer by Tom2U Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:41 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:21 PM

All replies

• When I've seen this your binding in IIS got horked.

Can you post up what you see in the IIS console?
    By any chance is there a website called SharePoint-80 in there?

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:29 PM
  • I'll be back with a screen shot later today. I'm not on-site but will round them up.
    Mike
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:01 PM
  • Susan,

Here's the screen shot.  There definately is a SharePoint-80 on the system.  Please let me know if there's anything else you would like.  I'll have availabilty to the system again on 1/11/2012.

Thank you.

Mike
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:52 AM
  • Oh yeah baby, easy fix.

Delete SharePoint-80.  It's there because someone ran the SharePoint
    coinfig wiz and it's stupid and just builds a new site.

Once you do that, restart the default web site or reboot the box and you
    should be right as rain.

• Proposed as answer by Jkazama Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:02 AM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:55 AM
  • Susan - I'll be back at it this afternoon 1/11 - after 1:00PM GMT 6 (CST) 

Thanks again

Mike
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:08 PM
  • Susan,

I used the remove option in IIS to get rid on SharePoint-80.  Rebooted and the EMC still came up with the error.  I then restarted IIS and the error still pops up.   What would you suggest as a next step?

Mike

Mike
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:20 PM
  • Make sure that the default web site is started.  It may still be in a stopped condition.
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:25 PM
  • Susan,

Here's a screen shot of the current IIS status.  The default site shows up but I'm not sure of its status.  If there's some method you'd like me to check this with please let me know and I'll make it happen.

Mike
    • Marked as answer by Tom2U Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:41 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:21 PM
  • The default web is stopped.  Look on the right side under "Manage Web Site" and click on "Start"

"Tom2U" wrote in message news:20a3ae0b-9474-4c45-9b70-343a0cc1a81d@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Susan,

Here's a screen shot of the current IIS status.  The default site shows up but I'm not sure of its status.  If there's some method you'd like me to check this with please let me know and I'll make it happen.<http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/53420/>

Mike

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:33 PM
  • Susan - you're wonderful.  Thank you so much for your help, it's truly appreciated.

Mike

Mike
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:43 PM