none
PowerPivot 2012 SP1 Refresh issue

Question

• Good morning,

I have PowerPivot setup in our SP 2013 environment, SQL 2012 SP1, CU4.

PowerPivots work just fine, I can schedule refreshes in SQL no problem, also can schedule refreshes to External data (Oracle) in some ways.

If I use Secure Store Service setup for the Oracle account, refresh works just fine. If I type in the credentials for the data source, it works fine too.

If I use:

Data Source Credentials:

<input id="ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_DataSourceSection_dlDataSources_ctl01_rbUseDefaultSecurity" name="ctl00$PlaceHolderMain$DataSourceSection$dlDataSources$ctl01$DSSecurityOptions" type="radio" value="rbUseDefaultSecurity" /><label for="ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_DataSourceSection_dlDataSources_ctl01_rbUseDefaultSecurity">Use the credentials contained in the workbook</label>

the refresh fails, from tracking the logs it is essentially giving an oracle logon error, null password. I know the password is in the book, and I know all the oracle drivers etc are setup correctly or none of the refreshes would work.

Is the "<label for="ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_DataSourceSection_dlDataSources_ctl01_rbUseDefaultSecurity">Use the credentials contained in the workbook" supported for external data sources, I have to imagine it is or it would not be an option in there.</label>

<label for="ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_DataSourceSection_dlDataSources_ctl01_rbUseDefaultSecurity">Thank you,
    Jack</label>

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:22 PM

Answers