none
Driver groups and CM ->2007 -> 2012 after migration fails

Question

• Help Please,

This is driving me nuts - I cannot see how to troubleshoot driver packages after they have been migrated from SCCM 2007 to CM 2012. Why am I trying to troubleshoot? ALL driver packages are failing on an OSD after migration. I'd like to find a way to compare the drivers from the 2007 DG to the ones in the 2012 DG, but I cannot see them.

The migration logs show the driver groups were migrated properly and these still work from the 2007 site,

Does anyone know how to view the drivers in a driver package in SCCM 2012? I thought the Show Members would do it, I cant think of anything else that would be a member of a driver group but drivers right? Yeah, well it showed nothing.

I dont get how something that should be so simple is so complicated. I have tried everything even exporting the driver group but the drivers are not listed there either - it just looks like metadata.

I've been looking thru web sites today for 6 hours and have found nothing but the exact same text on every site - how to add drivers, create driver groups, specify them in a TS but nothing  on how to confirm the drivers that exist in a driver group.

Help

Saturday, April 06, 2013 1:44 AM

All replies

• Do not migrate drivers. Redo the import and packages from scratch. 
    I had the exact same issue and took the time to do it as it was never there, all issues wer resolved. 
    Monday, April 15, 2013 2:01 AM
  • Yes in 2012 its only allowed to import then create a driver package. If you created a driver package in 2007 Without importing, then migrated it to 2012 it will not show content, but should still work. Look at the Source folder for the driver package if there are driver in it. 

Anyway it would be best to import and create the packages.

Nicolai

Monday, May 06, 2013 6:45 PM
  • Yes in 2012 its only allowed to import then create a driver package. If you created a driver package in 2007 Without importing, then migrated it to 2012 it will not show content, but should still work. Look at the Source folder for the driver package if there are driver in it. 

Anyway it would be best to import and create the packages.

Nicolai

I'm not so sure that the migration process will migrate driver packages which do not have associated drivers imported.

My Personal Blog: http://madluka.wordpress.com

Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:09 PM