none
FIM R2 SP1 Access Management MA Creation Error

Question

• Hi,

I'm getting the following error when i tried to create the new "Access Management" MA in R2 SP1. I've setup FIM R2 SP1 and BHOLD SP1. Please

advise what could be wrong..

Unable to retrieve configuration parameters from the extension:

The extension could not be loaded

In the event viewer i see this error HRESULT: '0x80230729' Source: 'd:\bt\2172\private\source\miis\ma\extensible\extensible.cpp(1244)'  Thread ID: '0x1950' Additional Info: ''

nothing useful with this info..

appreciate your help!!

Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:39 AM

All replies

• This management agent is new in the SP1, and most probably you are the first one using it, since SP1 came out recently. I would suggest you open a case with Microsoft.

Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:45 AM
  • I checked the box of "Run this management agent in a separate process", and able to to build and MA and successfully ran the export to BHOLD Core SP1. Looks like this is an XMA?

very interesting to see the immediate changes on BHOLD core unlike the previous version delays due to  immediate table concepts and the provisioning services.

Sunday, January 27, 2013 7:39 PM
  • Thanks for your reply, we do learn alot from each other's experiences :)
    Monday, January 28, 2013 6:08 AM
  • Apparently there is a known issue within the FIM 2010 R2 SP1 release as documented here at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2772429

• MIIServer.exe.config: All ECMA1 and ECMA2.0 management agents and all rules extensions that are running in-process
    • Mmsscrpt.exe.config: All rules extensions that are running out-of-process
    • Dllhost.exe.config: All ECMA1 and ECMA2.0 management agents that are running out-of-process

SP1 installation may only have updated the Dllhost.exe.config file and left the MIIServer.exe.config as it is(hence it's got your changes).

Fix would be following the above mentioned release notes and applying the changes. 

• Proposed as answer by A Varghese Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:31 AM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:27 AM