none
Office Web Components Issue

Question

• I'm currently using OWC 2003 in a classic ASP application.  It works completely fine in IE6 and IE7.  We just recently upgraded to IE8 and are currrently have some issues.  I can be typing into a new excel cell and I will be in the middle of a word and all of a sudden the cell will delete itself and start over.  It doesn't happen all the time and I can not find a pattern to why this is happening.  If anyone else is having a similar problem with IE8 and OWC 2003 please let me know.  Thanks
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:25 PM

All replies

• Hi KDixon5490,

There is a known issue that you use Windows Internet Explorer 8 to browse a Web page that loads Office Web Components, when you enter a long string in the loaded page, the string is reinitialized every five to seven seconds. When the string is reinitialized, the characters that you have entered are expected deleted.

This issue occurs when the Automatic Crash Recovery feature is enabled in Internet Explorer 8. By default, this feature is enabled after you install Internet Explorer 8, please disabled the feature to see whether it is the issue, you can refer to the following link for more information:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978454

Thanks,
    Qiao
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:12 AM