none
Shadow Copies tab shows an error on PASSIVE node: 0x8007045A

General discussion

• Hello,

I have a Windows 2003 R2 server that is clustered (2 nodes). While on the passive node, viewing the SHADOW COPIES tab (drive properties dialog), the following error is shown:  Initialization failed. Error 0x8007045A: a dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

This does not occur, while on the active node. To clarify, toggling the cluster to the other node results in the issue toggling as well (it appears on the "new" passive node / subsides on the "new" active node).

Moreover, despite the aforementioned error, no errors are shown ... all writers list as "State: [1] Stable" ... using the cmd: VSSADMIN LIST WRITERS

Additionally, Backup Exec 12 is installed.

I've also tried the suggestion on KB940032, to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:59 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Do you get any errors in Backup Exec?

Thanks,

Lenora Moss Technical Support Engineer, SMB Partner Support, Symantec Corporation www.symantec.com

Monday, October 14, 2013 5:33 PM
  • I presume you're asking about the status of a backup running on the active node and backing up both the passive and active node (system state and other assets). I don't recall seeing any significant issues, in that regard, nor have I experienced any issues whilst navigating the various configuration pages.

That said, I had presumed this to be a non-issue ... but would appreciate having an understanding as to the cause of the error nonetheless.

• Edited by Paulie-D Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:30 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:29 AM