none
Microsoft.SqlServer.ManagedDTS - SS2K8 - SS2K14 Developers edition installed - Reference Not Found

Question

• Good Day,

Using 2008 Bids (VS2008) for SSIS Packages, Installed a SS2K14 Dev Edition for SSMS.

After SS2K14 Dev install'   SSIS 2008 Script tasks no longer reference Microsoft.SQLServer.ManagedDTS

I've added the reference and resolved errors and warning in the script task.  But close the script task editor and save, the reference does not stick.  Open the script editor and the reference is missing. 

Everything was going well until I installed SQL Server 2014 Dev Edition side by side. 

Will uninstalling SS2K14 Developer Edition return to previous state?

How do I resolve the Missing Reference so that its permanent (sticks)?

Thank you for any assistance - Covi

Warning 12 The referenced component 'Microsoft.SqlServer.ManagedDTS' could not be found.

Mark Covian

• Edited by MarkCovi Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:32 PM
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

it must be this connect item:

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/519539/reference-to-microsoft-sqlserver-manageddts-dll-only-works-if-target-framework-set-to-net-4-

It has the following workaround:

Posted by GrahamLCollins on 10/6/2010 at 1:38 PM
    Replacing the Microsoft.SqlServer.Msxml6_interop.dll in the GAC with the one from SQL2008 solved it for me. Make sure to follow the instructions in the link below. I was able to build my project in VS2010 and I checked that I was still able to run SSIS packages on my machine and that the application would run on a machine that has not been patched with the 2008 Microsoft.SqlServer.Msxml6_interop.dll.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jason_howell/archive/2010/08/18/visual-studio-2010-solution-build-process-give-a-warning-about-indirect-dependency-on-the-net-framework-assembly-due-to-ssis-references.aspx

Arthur My Blog

Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:24 PM