none
Chart Report

Question

• Hi Guys,

I have a line chart report which runs for a selected prompt value.

Eg. Prompt   Fruits  = "Apple" . It works fine.

But If I select Fruits = "All" then no data appears in the chart.  I have created a filter in the dataset if the prompt value "All" is selected.

i.e iif( prompt!value = "All", "*", "Apple") .

The dataset has  Fruits, SalesDate , SaleY .

In Chart Data values (area) I have SalesY and its category in the property is SalesDate.  

Thanks

• Edited by imt73 Monday, July 14, 2014 3:42 AM
    Monday, July 14, 2014 3:31 AM

Answers

• Hi imt73,

According to your description, you have issues with parameter, when you select "All", it returns nothing in report. Right?

In this scenario, it seems you specify some values as Available Values, so when you select "All", it can't return any record which the Fruit called "All". We suggest you just allow multiple values in your parameter so that you can "select All" in the parameter dropdown list. Add a filter on chart and it will display the values in this chart based on this selection.

Reference:
    Add, Change, or Delete a Report Parameter (Report Builder and SSRS)

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Simon Hou

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:15 AM

All replies

• Hi imt73,

According to your description, you have issues with parameter, when you select "All", it returns nothing in report. Right?

In this scenario, it seems you specify some values as Available Values, so when you select "All", it can't return any record which the Fruit called "All". We suggest you just allow multiple values in your parameter so that you can "select All" in the parameter dropdown list. Add a filter on chart and it will display the values in this chart based on this selection.

Reference:
    Add, Change, or Delete a Report Parameter (Report Builder and SSRS)

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Simon Hou

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:15 AM
  • Thanks Simon. Sorry for the late reply. Yes the solution sounds fine. I was trying the earlier method as I have to display the selected prompt value when the report is generated. When the prompt is having many values with long names it becomes a long string. However, it has its benefits too in selecting multiple values. Having said that please let me know if there is another way out. Thanks again.

• Edited by imt73 Monday, July 21, 2014 11:03 AM
    Monday, July 21, 2014 11:03 AM