none
Odd Crash

Question

• Hello, i have a Dell Latitude Precision 4700 Dual booting Win7 and Win8.1. on my Win8.1 side i have constant crashing issues but the event logs don't help me i wanted to know if anyone else was having this same kind of issue and have a fix or a work around. i have reinstalled the OS multiple times, leaving out drivers in the process but the problem still occurs. any help will be greatly appreciated. im running Win7 and Win8.1 Pro x64. below is a link to the image the forums dont let me post a picture on the body. 

http://i.imgur.com/YOS7wNt.jpg

Sunday, December 08, 2013 1:00 AM

Answers

• Rendito

There appears to be some security issues with this os.  In fact hundreds of times a day it fails. 

That's an overgeneralization.  It may fail for YOU, but not for everyone.

While I see some errors logged - and I'd certainly like that to be NO errors logged - I don't see anything like the ones you're showing, and certainly not hundreds of times a day. 

In fact, after the initial day or two of setting everything up some weeks ago, Windows 8.1 seems quite stable to me.

It seems to me that if you're having hundreds of failures a day you have something specific wrong with your setup.  I'm not saying that's not Microsoft's fault; it might be a software configuration issue that they didn't get quite right.  Or it might be something you've installed or done.  But not every system is having the problems you're reporting.

When you look back in the log, when did those Errors start?  Were they coincident with your installation of something?

-Noel

Detailed how-to in my eBooks:  

Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options
    Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options

Sunday, December 08, 2013 1:56 PM

All replies

• Rendito

That snip looks like a video issue but there is no way to tell.  We need either the DMP files from when it crashed, or event viewer logs.  If you cant boot I would suggest you boot from the win 8 dvd and do a repair install

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer.  They can be found here

If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:

Click Start Menu
    Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
    Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
    Expand Custom Views
    Click Administrative Events
    Right click Administrative Events
    Save all Events in Custom View As...
    Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
    Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
    Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
    Upload the .zip file to skydrive or a file sharing service and put a link to it in your next post

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Sunday, December 08, 2013 1:06 AM
  • Here is what you requested, i will try the repair install now.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=4328BC946252BE17!521&authkey=!ADQEguNo1u4bFdA&ithint=file%2c.zip

Sunday, December 08, 2013 1:47 AM
  • Rendito

There appears to be some security issues with this os.  In fact hundreds of times a day it fails.  Please download and run WGA fromhere and post the results in your next post.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Sunday, December 08, 2013 7:59 AM
  • Rendito

There appears to be some security issues with this os.  In fact hundreds of times a day it fails. 

That's an overgeneralization.  It may fail for YOU, but not for everyone.

While I see some errors logged - and I'd certainly like that to be NO errors logged - I don't see anything like the ones you're showing, and certainly not hundreds of times a day. 

In fact, after the initial day or two of setting everything up some weeks ago, Windows 8.1 seems quite stable to me.

It seems to me that if you're having hundreds of failures a day you have something specific wrong with your setup.  I'm not saying that's not Microsoft's fault; it might be a software configuration issue that they didn't get quite right.  Or it might be something you've installed or done.  But not every system is having the problems you're reporting.

When you look back in the log, when did those Errors start?  Were they coincident with your installation of something?

-Noel

Detailed how-to in my eBooks:  

Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options
    Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options

Sunday, December 08, 2013 1:56 PM