none
Problems creating new measures or editing existing ones

Question

• Hi, 

I'm using VS 2010 on Windows Server 2008 to build a tabular model. I'm facing the very annoying issue that after some time I can't edit any measures or create new ones, the keyboard seems to be stuck. Sometimes I need to keep putting the mouse focus in the edit field after each letter to be add a measure. I have experienced the same issue with VS 2012 as well. In that case only restarting the application (sometimes) helps.

Is that a known bug and does anyone know how to fix it?

Ben

• Edited by Ben Fo Sunday, September 15, 2013 4:43 PM
    Sunday, September 15, 2013 4:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Ben,

Thanks for your post.

I tried to reproduce this issue but everything was fine. Does this issue come up every time when you design your Tabular model?

If you could reproduce this issue again, please share your steps for us. Then, I'll reproduce it again on my test environment. Currently, I suggest you try to design the Tabualr model by using other PC to see if this issue still persists.

Best Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 8:58 AM
  • Hi Elvis, 

thanks for your response. It happens every time I work with my tabular model after some time but I can't say exactly what leads to it. It seems as if the autocomplete function takes away the keyboard focus so I can only type in one character and then need to put the focus back in the edit field. I'm running the model on a remote server, so I could share it with you when I experience it next time. Would that be feasible for you?

Alternatively, can you tell me how I can deactivate the autocomplete function to see if that's indeed were the bug is coming from?

Ben

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 6:31 PM