none
Outlook: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Question

• I have Microsoft Outlook 2007, and running on Windows 7.

I am receiving all emails, and sometimes, even able to send them without the error message:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
    Sent: 11/22/2011 8:51 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'xxxx@xxxx.com' on 11/22/2011 8:51 AM
    550 5.2.0 0EqJ1i00H2uf0uo01EqJfg 5.7.1 Unable to relay E9210

What is most confusing to me (other than the fact that I can sometimes reply to emails and send new ones) is the fact that sometimes when I send an email and receive this message, it actually does send the email.

Also, I don't know if this helps, but my Incoming Server is a POP3: exchange.charter-business.net and Outgoing Server is: SMTP.charter-business.net

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From the post, I guess that your are the client user of email system, is that ture?

If yes, then I recommnend you to contact your message administrator to help you troublehsoot the issue.

If no, then please let me the Exchange server version.

Does this issue occur when you send the message to a lot of people or large distribution group?

Does this issue occur to all the pop3 users?

Xiu

Thursday, November 24, 2011 9:12 AM

All replies

• I have Microsoft Outlook 2007, and running on Windows 7.

I am receiving all emails, and sometimes, even able to send them without the error message:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
    Sent: 11/22/2011 8:51 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'xxxx@xxxx.com' on 11/22/2011 8:51 AM
    550 5.2.0 0EqJ1i00H2uf0uo01EqJfg 5.7.1 Unable to relay E9210

What is most confusing to me (other than the fact that I can sometimes reply to emails and send new ones) is the fact that sometimes when I send an email and receive this message, it actually does send the email.

Also, I don't know if this helps, but my Incoming Server is a POP3: exchange.charter-business.net and Outgoing Server is: SMTP.charter-business.net
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 4:01 PM
  • are you using any relay ?

Where Technology Meets Talent
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 4:30 PM
  • I'm sorry, what does that mean exactly? (Can you tell I'm not exactly literate in this?)
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:18 PM
  • How do you conenct to your exchange server, is it on the LAN or over a WAN?

Make sure Outlook is configured. If you use use Outlook on the ALN then use MAPI instead pop and smtp.

It seems that Exchange is not authenticating.

Can you do the test email within the outlook?

Where Technology Meets Talent
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:23 PM
  • It appears as if its LAN.

I tried a test email, and it did come through to my account.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:15 PM
  • Also, this is my work computer. It is not for home use.
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:19 PM
  • Hi,

From the post, I guess that your are the client user of email system, is that ture?

If yes, then I recommnend you to contact your message administrator to help you troublehsoot the issue.

If no, then please let me the Exchange server version.

Does this issue occur when you send the message to a lot of people or large distribution group?

Does this issue occur to all the pop3 users?

Xiu

Thursday, November 24, 2011 9:12 AM
  • Hello Missa2152;

Did you try writing mail recipient by hand?

İf not try this please.

Maybe this error generates because of (') apostrophes at the beginning and end of the mail recipient.

Sometimes (knew by my personal experience) AD based attiribute entries (Mobile#, title etc.) caused recipient bar looks like [xxx.xxx@suffix (phone Number etc)].

İN both case i recieved that error message from mail server to senders mailbox and even after this message drops to inbox of the sender cannot send more mails to the same recipient(s).

Mustafa Barış ÇELİKER Information & Communication Technologies MCTS
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 12:26 PM
  • I had the exact same problem as you stated.  Forward an email, immediate rejection (exact same rejection message).

It had something to do with the signature block at the bottom of the email.

I copied all the contents of the email to a new email, send, and same error message.

I coped the email contents (WITHOUT THE SIGNATURE BLOCK AT THE BOTTOM) and could send the email just fine.

Outlook 2007, pop3 email, XP

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 9:44 PM
  • Go to >>>>> tools > Account settings > then double click on the email address > then click on More settings > click Outgoing server tap > then check the box “My Outgoing server (SMTP) … and leave the options the same as is and press OK.

Please when it is work pray for me or say GOD PLEAS YOU.
    thanks
    Bilal Al khayyat

Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:48 PM
  • please try to send the Email writing by hand.

Faris

Sunday, September 15, 2013 5:15 AM