none
Install SQL 2012 sp1 Named Instance on SQL 2008 r2 Cluster

Question

• I am attempting to add a 2012 instance to my 2008r2 cluster, but at 'cluster node configuration' step, the drop down for sql server instance name is empty
    Thursday, May 01, 2014 10:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Do you created a new shared disk, a new network name, a new resource group, assigned new ip addresses for that new instance at the operating system level?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Thursday, May 01, 2014 11:00 PM
  • I was overthinking this, it's a dumb question now that I'm thinking simple, can I get the moderator to delete the question?
    Thursday, May 01, 2014 11:26 PM
  • Run SQL Server Browser Service and retry again
    Thursday, May 01, 2014 11:31 PM
  • Hi,

Seems you have worked it out. You can mark the answers accordingly. It will be nice to let thread stay there so other community members can benefit from it.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Thanks.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 05, 2014 2:35 AM
  • I was overthinking this, it's a dumb question now that I'm thinking simple, can I get the moderator to delete the question?

Not an issue ,no question is dumb but just matter of experience. I could even ask a dumb question about unix server on unix forum as I am not aware about it. Anyways I guess Alberto nailed it, I have proposed his reply as answer ,if it is actually what you were looking for mark it as answer.

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

My TechNet Wiki Articles

Monday, May 05, 2014 6:53 PM