none
invasion by unwanted hyperlinks.

Question

• Within the last 10 days, some unwanted hyperlinks have invaded my emails and websites that I am browsing. They are all sponsored advertising, and have the following domain names:monstermarketplace.com, ratedsearch.com. topcheapoffers.com and adsupervision.com. They seem to be coordinated by intext.nav.links.com.

They provide an opt-out button, but this only gets rid of that pop-up, but not the hyperlink which means that when the cursor passes over the link it reappears.

My computer also flags up that there is a malware threat associated with these sites.

I have tried to delete their cookies, and have sent emails to the ISP, as yet unanswered, since this is likely to be a problem which affects other computer users.

Any suggestions as to how to get rid of this would be appreciated.

Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:56 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I have the same problem, it is really annoying, I have not found solution yet, I hold you informed.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:05 PM
  • By fiddling little, I found only this solution : I already use Adblock Plus and by adding the address (http://intext.nav-links.com) in the tab to add your own filters, I have no more the problem.

Say to me if it also works for you.

• Proposed as answer by germanerdy Saturday, August 10, 2013 3:14 PM
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:07 PM
  • I followed your advice - it worked!! I am now : Grateful Non-Geek. Thanks , again. I had looked all over the web - lots of 'answers' - none of which worked. Yours was the solution.
    Sunday, August 04, 2013 10:20 PM
  • THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, @flow-49, for posting this solution.  I have felt besieged by these awful, awful links for weeks, and have followed all sorts of advice in vain. Yours worked instantly.  You have made my day, and will continue to do so every day I don't have to avoid these intext things.  

• Edited by sjknyc Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:01 PM
    Sunday, August 25, 2013 3:58 PM
  • By fiddling little, I found only this solution : I already use Adblock Plus and by adding the address (http://intext.nav-links.com) in the tab to add your own filters, I have no more the problem.

Say to me if it also works for you.

Thank You, it works very good!
    Tuesday, October 01, 2013 8:01 AM