none
Issues with People tile and Exchange

Question

• I'm having an issue getting my Metro People tile to sync with my exchange account.  I recently refreshed my SP2 due to an account issue; prior to this refresh my Exchange account was syncing with the people tile.  Now, every time I open the tile, it displays "Syncing" for a few moments then "xxx@**** is unavailable where xxx@**** is my Exchange account.  The contacts simply refuse to sync.  The Mail and Calendar tiles work flawlessly.

I am currently running Office 365 Pro (E3 license) where I have full admin privileges.  My exchange account is set up to allow Exchange, EAS and OWA.

I have tried:

-Removing and reinstalling the app

-Removing and readding the account

-Refreshing the PC

Nothing, as yet, has worked.  Anyone have any insight in to how to get this syncing again?

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 7:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, only one or two contacts sync, not all, so some contacts can still be synced successfully. I guess whether it is related with the internet connection you connected to, please try another connection\better connection\different location, and try to sync again.

And after clearing the cache, pleaes also completely reopen People tile if that matters, you should kill the process in Task Manager, then reopen again.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 1:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you able to sync contacts in other acocunts? There's no option to manually sync contacts in People app, you need to navigate to the Mail app and synchronize from there. That will synchronize Mail, Calendar, and Contacts for a selected account.
    If doesn't work, then
    Please run Apps troubleshooter and check if it can help you.

And make sure the People app isn't blocked by Windows Firewall.
    (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Firewall\Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.)
    If you have any 3 rd party anti-virus software installed, please temporarily disable it as a test.
    Run command WSreset.exe to clear the windows store cache.

Yolanda Zhu

Friday, May 30, 2014 7:49 AM
  • Yolanda,

Thank you for the reply.

I have run the troubleshooter multiple times, each time it asking me to reset the Windows Store (which I do).  No noticeable effect.

The app has access on both public and private network through the firewall.

When I sync in mail I get the same message "my exchange email is unavailable" in both Mail and People.  However, my mail messages sync, while only one or two of my People contacts sync.

Monday, June 02, 2014 7:39 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, only one or two contacts sync, not all, so some contacts can still be synced successfully. I guess whether it is related with the internet connection you connected to, please try another connection\better connection\different location, and try to sync again.

And after clearing the cache, pleaes also completely reopen People tile if that matters, you should kill the process in Task Manager, then reopen again.

Yolanda Zhu

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 1:40 AM