none
Exchange2010 Journal Rule Not Journaling Sent Items For Mailbox

Question

• Hello All,

I created a journal rule for a specific email recipient we need to monitor for legal purposes.  I can see all emails for the Inbox (all incoming emails from inside and outside), but I cannot see any "Sent Items" or "Deleted Items" getting journaled.  I set up the rule like this:

"Send Journal Reports to email address"

==>journal email account

"Scope"

==>Global - all messages

"Journal Messages for recipient"

==>email recipient address

Any thoughts or suggestions why I cannot see any sent items?  I know that the email recipient in question has sent emails since I enabled this rule.

I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Friday, September 27, 2013 2:55 AM

Answers

• After I posted this I realize that the sent items and deleted messages go to the Inbox. For some reason I thought I would see these emails in the sent items and deleted items bucket. Thanks for the reply.
    • Marked as answer by REM64 Saturday, September 28, 2013 10:35 AM
    Saturday, September 28, 2013 9:52 AM

All replies

• You're not going to be able to journal deleted items, are you talking about the sent items that's already there before you created the rule? You can run discovery to grab all the emails, include those that were permanently deleted by the user.
    Saturday, September 28, 2013 1:05 AM
  • After I posted this I realize that the sent items and deleted messages go to the Inbox. For some reason I thought I would see these emails in the sent items and deleted items bucket. Thanks for the reply.
    • Marked as answer by REM64 Saturday, September 28, 2013 10:35 AM
    Saturday, September 28, 2013 9:52 AM