none
Circular dependency error when refreshing a PowerPivot Table

Question

• Hi,

In this file, I am getting the "Circular dependency error" when refreshing the PowerPivot Table.  Could you kindly help me resolve the issue.

Here is the file - http://sdrv.ms/19Xua8c

Thank you.

Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com

Monday, October 21, 2013 11:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I just took a look at your model and the first question that arises is why you use calculated columns for your calculations?

I think all (or at least most) of them can be also achieved using calculated measures - assuming that you finally put Year and Month on rows in your pivot-table

further, adding a Date-Table would allow you to use TimeIntelligence functions like PREVIOUSMONTH() for your calculated measures

-gerhard

- www.pmOne.com -

• Marked as answer by Ashish Mathur Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:37 AM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I just took a look at your model and the first question that arises is why you use calculated columns for your calculations?

I think all (or at least most) of them can be also achieved using calculated measures - assuming that you finally put Year and Month on rows in your pivot-table

further, adding a Date-Table would allow you to use TimeIntelligence functions like PREVIOUSMONTH() for your calculated measures

-gerhard

- www.pmOne.com -

• Marked as answer by Ashish Mathur Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:37 AM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:22 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.  I did exactly as you said and not only did I get the correct result but also, got rid of the error.

Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:37 AM