none
HOW TO FORMAT AND SET-UP TO IMPORT ASCII CALIF CORP FILE BY CALIF SECRETARY OF STATE?

Question

• Dear Sir:

I purchased a California Corporation file (3 Million records) from California Secretary of State. It is a ASCII format. I used a column import with fixed width (SQL Server). I formated based on their Master Record Field Definitions. Howeveer, the preview does not show the alignment that data description shows.

If somebody can call me and help me in the above problem.

Sincerely yours,

Mike Furukawa

310-839-4889

mfuru15107@aol.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:16 AM

All replies

• Dear Sir:

I purchased a California Corporation file (3 Million records) from California Secretary of State. It is a ASCII format. I used a column import with fixed width (SQL Server). I formated based on their Master Record Field Definitions. Howeveer, the preview does not show the alignment that data description shows.

Sincerely yours,

Mike Furukawa

310-839-4889

mfuru15107@aol.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:24 AM
  • Dear Sir:

Sincerely yours,

Mike Furukawa

310-839-4889

mfuru15107@aol.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:25 AM
  • Dear Sir:

Sincerely yours,

Mike Furukawa

310-839-4889

mfuru15107@aol.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:26 AM
  • Hi Mike,

First, I suggest contacting the product provide since they have more information about how to use their product. I will help you on SQL Server side. We can try to use Import and Export Wizard to import data from the file to SQL Server. For more detail information, please refer to the following link:

Run the SQL Server Import and Export Wizard
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms140052.aspx

Allen Li
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 21, 2013 1:54 AM