none
Access Denied Error When Running Litetouch.vbs

Question

• I successfully ran through the steps of installing MDT2010 and a deployment share, copied the Win7Pro image, etc. But when I tried to capture an existing, customized Windows 7 image with the from: csript \\server\share\scripts\litetouch.vbs, it DID run at first. It ran sysprep and was capturing the image, but failed with the following errors:

FAILURE (5610) | False: verify file (image.wim) | LT Deploy Failed | Return Code= -2147467259 0x80004005.

The sysprep did complete however, and when I try to rerun the litetouch.vbs, I get the access denied error. I should also note that I ran the script on the image pc before taking it off the domain so perhaps that caused the failed capture? In any case, I am stumped and cannot find any information on how to fix this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 5:32 PM

Answers

• it uses a net use command essentially, it doesn't need to be ON the domain to authenticate domain credentials on that share.

EG on a non-domain PC you can net use * \\server\share /user:domain\user Password and still authenticate.

this is how it connects to the share, it passes through the credentials you use to start the image process into that mapping.

is there any content in  your ZTICapture log after the failure, BEFORE you hit finish? could you post the last few lines of that? 

-Dustin
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:15 PM

All replies

• Make sure the username you're using has WRITE permissions to the Capture folder on your deployment share, if its getting that far and you're trying to RECAPTURE with the same image name (it names it after the task sequence so if you've ran it once, this is what is happening), make sure you delete the existing capture, can cause issues sometimes.
    -Dustin
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 5:56 PM
  • You should have your reference PC added to a WG, not domain before you capture.

To run sysprep and capture image, take a look here:

http://blogs.technet.com/mniehaus/archive/2009/07/01/mdt-2010-new-feature-13-new-task-sequence-templates.aspx
    http://deploywindows7.wordpress.com/
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 5:58 PM
  • Thanks Dustin and Rich.

To clarify, the Sysprep and Capture task did complete the sysprep portion successfully, but not the image captuer portion, so there is no capture to delete in the respective folder. I did modify the folder permissions to give Everyone write access, but to no avail.

Rich, I am still getting this error, even after the image pc is no longer on the domain, but now just a WG computer. The error I get is "Logon Failure: unknown username or bad password."

Here is the BDD log:

<![LOG[Property LogPath is now = C:\MININT\SMSOSD\OSDLOGS]LOG]!><time="11:16:10.000+000" date="02-24-2010" component="LiteTouch" context="" type="1" thread="" file="LiteTouch">
    <![LOG[ZTI ERROR - Non-zero return code by LiteTouch, rc = -2147467259  0x80004005]LOG]!><time="11:16:10.000+000" date="02-24-2010" component="LiteTouch" context="" type="3" thread="" file="LiteTouch">

I think <fingers crossed> if I can get past this stupid permissions error, I should be good to go.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 6:51 PM
  • I'll add that now that my image pc is no longer on the domain, I'm not sure how it is supposed to authenticate to the MDT/WDS server on the domain. At the very least, have it ask me for credentials. I can ping the server no problem.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:04 PM
  • it uses a net use command essentially, it doesn't need to be ON the domain to authenticate domain credentials on that share.

EG on a non-domain PC you can net use * \\server\share /user:domain\user Password and still authenticate.

this is how it connects to the share, it passes through the credentials you use to start the image process into that mapping.

is there any content in  your ZTICapture log after the failure, BEFORE you hit finish? could you post the last few lines of that? 

-Dustin
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:15 PM
  • jackofalltradesmasterof......Some - Ive seen some of your posts ;)

Not wishing to teach you to suck eggs but my I add this tip.

When I first moved form MDT2008 to MDT 2010 I had all kinds of issues. There were too many interdepedancies and component version issuse for me to resolve
    So I scrubbed the whole 2008 and amd restarting from scratch with 2010. The first thing I did in my 2010 lab was to run Lite touch from the MDT Quick guide to Lite touch. Not only did this highlight a few of the idiosyncracies of 2010 it also confirmed that all the component and infrastructure were working.
    Now I am ready to mess with diffrent all the options.
    Have you got a basic default Lite touch working already ?

Just a thought......

Kriss
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:16 PM
  • Yes, I finally did net use to map a drive and can get the vbs file window to open and from there I click open and then I get a Windows Script Hose error stating that it cannot find the file specified.

Where can I find the ZTICapture log? I did not find that on the image pc or on my mdt server.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:29 PM
  • likely isnt able to ever connect and run then, you're in WinPE - net using to the share and getting file not found?

-Dustin
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:43 PM
  • UPDATE: It seemed from the error running LiteTouch.vbs that it was not able to verify or find what it was looking for, but in looking at the code, it looks like it just hands off to LiteTouch.wsf, so I ran that instead and it is FINALLY executing!

Thanks guys for your assistance, espcially Dustin. I will give an update as to how it goes. I found a lot of people having similar issues so I hope it will help.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:44 PM