none
Creating Calendar List

Question

• When creating Calendar List and calendar overlays, how do you make an item entered on one calendar not appear on the other ones.  I created about 5 calender lists with overlays.  But when I enter an item (e.g. meeting schedule or date) on one list, it appears on the other calender lists.  How do you stop that from happening

Let me put this in another way to create more understanding:

I created 5 Calendars for 5 departments to track their vacations, meetings, training dates, etc.  When users go in to enter a meeting appointment date on one calendar for one department, it appears on the other calendars as well.  I have no idea what the problem is.  I am just trying to restate the situation to create a better understanding.  Needs help!

• Edited by Felleh Thursday, December 08, 2011 4:58 PM
    Tuesday, December 06, 2011 9:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Felleh,

Calendar overlay can let you see the other calendars in the one calendar list view in SharePoint 2010, if you don't want to display the other calender lists with calendar overlays in one calendar, you can uncheck the option "Visible in View" for calendars (or delete these calendars) on Calendar Overlay Settings page. Or you can create another default calendar view without calendar overlay as default view for the calendar list.

If you mean you create multiple views for one calendar list, when add these views to another calendar as Calendars Overlay, these all views shouled display same event, you need to make sure one view for one list is added in calendar overlay settings page.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 08, 2011 5:23 AM
  • Thanks Daniel,

I created 5 Calendars for 5 departments to track their vacations, meetings, training dates, etc.  When users go in to enter a meeting appointment date on one calendar for one department, it appears on the other calendars as well.  I have no idea what the problem is.  I am just trying to restate the situation to create a better understanding.

Thursday, December 08, 2011 4:56 PM