none
Post deployment TS

Question

• Hello folks,

I want to create a post deployment TS which will only have 2 tasks. First one will be to join the domain and then 2nd will be to enable bitlocker.

I do not want these two tasks in the image deployement TS.

I know that to join domain we need to give all the required domain specific properties in CS.ini file and also bitlocker related properties as well.

Please let me know if my requirement is feasible or not. How i can achieve that.

Thanks,

Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:03 PM

All replies

• First thing I would do is to mark your post-deployment task as "hidden" in the MDT console. So users won't select it.

NOte that MDT runs off of the variables defined before the task sequence starts. You can input these variables via the customsettings.ini file, the database, or via the wizard.

You can also set variables using the command line for litetouch. For example (I'm writing from memory, so untested):

cscript.exe \\server\deploymentshare$\scripts\litetouch.vbs /taskSequenceID:PostOS1 /SkipWizard:Yes /BDEInstall:TPM /BDEInstallSuppress:NO /JoinDomain:Contoso /DomainAdmin:Administrator /DomainAdminDomain:Contoso /DomainAdminPassword:P@ssw0rd

Or you could remove the skipwizard and prompt the user.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Friday, September 27, 2013 3:14 AM