none
SharePoint 2013 PowerPoint automation services is not working

Question

• Hy every body;

I'm sharepoint developer and architec, and i've configured 4 VM with SharePoint 2013 enterprise, but the services (powerpoint conversion, word automation and translation services) are not working

I'd like to user powerpoint conversion, il my farm this service is well configured as shows in MS article, and the service is started, but the asynchronous conversion failed (an example with a console application given by Microsoft)

the error is: the specified document cannot be converted..., and this is the same error for the 4 VM

Any idea ?

thank's.

Please email me at: mekhloufsalah@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hy every body;

I'm sharepoint developer and architec, and i've configured 4 VM with SharePoint 2013 enterprise, but the services (powerpoint conversion, word automation and translation services) are not working

I'd like to user powerpoint conversion, il my farm this service is well configured as shows in MS article, and the service is started, but the asynchronous conversion failed (an example with a console application given by Microsoft)

the error is: the specified document cannot be converted..., and this is the same error for the 4 VM

Any idea ?

thank's.

Please email me at: mekhloufsalah@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 4:41 PM
  • I also encountered the same problem. I am interested in hearing what other folks have to say.
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:52 PM
  • Can you please take a look in the ULS log file to find more details of the error? Can you please also share the technet/msdn document link you have followed to configure the services? Does the service application application pool account has read-only access to content database?

For Your information, the forum is supposed to be way of all possible communication here rather than personal email :-) as this might help others to solve their problems later by read the conversations here.

Thanks,
    Sohel Rana
    http://ranaictiu-technicalblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:35 AM
  • Hy ;

now i had the following error, after adding pool account as admin in the database:

my solution throw the exception:

AsyncResult operation exceeded timeout 05:00:0).

Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:05 PM
  • Can you please share exception details from ULS or event viewer? The more detailed information you can share the better people in forum can help you. So if possible, please find more details form ULS or Event Viewer as well as share how have you configured the service application?

Thanks,
    Sohel Rana
    http://ranaictiu-technicalblog.blogspot.com

Friday, September 20, 2013 12:42 AM
  • In the eventviewer it's OK, i've no errors in the LOGS, here is an example:

Monitoring                     aeh57 Medium   Sql Ring buffer status eventsPerSec = ,processingTime=0,totalEventsProcessed=0,eventCount=0,droppedCount=0,memoryUsed=0 
    09/20/2013 09:12:38.06  C14PPTAutomationSvcs.vshost.exe (0x1864) 0x22AC Office Automation Services     PowerPoint administration      acspj Medium   Opening the PowerPoint Conversion client config file. 2cd1f98b-9fa5-4c41-8081-fe338854a3bf
    09/20/2013 09:12:38.06  C14PPTAutomationSvcs.vshost.exe (0x1864) 0x22AC Office Automation Services     PowerPoint administration      acspk Medium   Successfully loaded the PowerPoint Conversion client configuration. 2cd1f98b-9fa5-4c41-8081-fe338854a3bf
    09/20/2013 09:12:38.06  C14PPTAutomationSvcs.vshost.exe (0x1864) 0x22AC Office Automation Services     PowerPoint administration      acspl Medium   Constructing channel factory for the PowerPoint Conversion service 2cd1f98b-9fa5-4c41-8081-fe338854a3bf

Friday, September 20, 2013 4:22 PM
  • Sohel, do you have team viewer and many minutes to look at the problem', and publish it after that if we find the solution

thank's

Friday, September 20, 2013 4:23 PM