none
Local Configuration Baseline Report -- View it Remotely?

Question

• We have migrated from CM 2007 to CM 2012. I used to run the report that would show the details of all configuration items in a baseline for a single asset.  That report does not seem to exist in CM2012. I have tried re-creating it, but my Report Builder skills are pretty much non-existent.  The report that you can run from the Configurations tab from within the ConfigMgr client is actually really nice. I love that report. It is colour coded and everything.  The problem is that the person that needs to run these reports would not have acess to rdp servers and run this compliance report. Is there any way to run that report remotely that anyone knows of? 

Thanks

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 2:48 PM

All replies

• How about "Details of compliant rules of configuration items in a configuration baseline for an asset" and "Details of non-compliant rules of configuration items in a configuration baseline for an asset" reports?

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 4:14 PM
  • I do use those, but it is now a matter of running 2 reports, rather than 1, and the formatting is kind of yuck for them compared to the nice report that runs locally from the Configurations tab of the client. 

But those are the two reports that I am planning on using, but I know as soon as I show it to management they are going to be asking "Where is the nice report we used to use in 2007?"  Add that to the fact that running reports against our sql 2012 server dedicated to CM 2012 is a slow, painful experience right now. Reports take a very long time ( I'm looking into ways to improve this).  

We used to have a report in 2007 that would show both compliant and non-compliant details for a baseline for a single asset. We modified that report slightly and everyone was happy. That modified report did not migrate properly, so I was left back at scratch and it seems 2012 has no canned report that will show both compliant and non-compliant for a single asset. ( highly annoying)

• Edited by dpmaker Tuesday, December 03, 2013 4:20 PM
    Tuesday, December 03, 2013 4:20 PM
  • So not a plug (necessarily), but CPStudio from Silect Software can do this.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 6:23 PM
  • Hi,

• The problem is that the person that needs to run these reports would not have acess to rdp servers and run this compliance report. Is there any way to run that report remotely that anyone knows of? “

You could install a console on the remote client, then give the right of running report to the user.

Assigning Users to ConfigMgr ReportUsers group in SCCM 2012

http://www.wolffhaven45.com/blog/sccm/assigning-users-to-configmgr-reportusers-group-in-sccm-2012/

Best Regards,

Joyce Li

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, December 06, 2013 6:05 AM

• You could install a console on the remote client, then give the right of running report to the user

You don't even have to install the console. Using http://SRSserver/Reports can also be used to run reports.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Friday, December 06, 2013 8:08 AM
  • The user can run reports fine from the reporting site, the question was about duplicating the report you see when you use the configmgr client locally and evaluate an assigned baseline and select view report. That report is miles ahead of what you can get out of the canned reports on the default reporting site.   But beyond giving the audit user access to every server via rdp to open the configmgr client and evaluate and view the report, I will then be stuck with using the canned reports, which are kind of crappy for this purpose.  There isn't even a report that includes compliant and non-compliant summary for a baseline for a single asset anymore.   The local client report output is awesome, I wish I could get that remotely somehow without having to rdp the box and open the configmgr client.  That was what I was asking,...not how to give someone access to the canned reports available on the reporting site.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:07 PM
  • Have you looked at creating your own custom report for this data that mimics that client side experience?

http://www.enhansoft.com/

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:46 PM
  • I have Garth, but alas my report builder skills are pretty much non-existent. I sat with our senior sql guy and after a couple of hours of trying to edit an existing report that was as close as I could get, he threw up his hands and basically said " hire a consultant". 

I was just throwing it out here in case someone knew an easy way to get the local baseline evaluation report pulled remotely.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 5:48 PM