none
Delete everything in Sharepoint 2013 and start from a begining

    Question

  • How do you delete all the settings, databases in Sharepoint 2013 and start from a begining.

    We have some problems that PictureURL is wrong and some other thing ain't working right. Because Sharepoint 2013 is in our test environment we would like to delete all settings, databases including PictureURL info, which I don't know which SQL database holds that information?


    bostjanc

    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:36 AM

Answers

  • The only way I could solve it was with deleting all the user profiles (luckily this was a test environment) and pushing the full sync again.

    bostjanc

    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:46 PM

All replies

  • You can find out the content database name in Central Administration -> Application Management -> Manage Content Databases and then select the appropriate Web Application.

    Before deleting the database in SQL you need to disconnect the database in Central Administration at the above location by clicking on the database, ticking the checkbox for Remove Content Database and clicking OK. Once that is done you can go to SQL and delete the content database.

    I would recommend backing up the content database in SQL before deleting it, just in case you delete the wrong thing or more than you intended.

    -Corey

    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:46 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

    Do you maybe know which database contains the pictureURL information?


    bostjanc

    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:47 AM
  • The pictureURL parameter is either going to be in the specific site collection in the User Information List, or it is going to be in the User Profile Synchronization Service Application, which is what syncs over to the User Information List. You will need to identify exactly what you are trying to clear out. If you are not using User Profile Synchronization in your test environment then the following will help you find and delete the appropriate Site Collection or content database.

    Any content is going to be Site Collection specific, so if you are setting the pictureURL for a user in http://portal.domain.com/sites/somesitecollection then that Site Collection will be in a specific database which may also contain other Site Collections.

    To find out which database a Site Collection is in go to Central Administration -> Application Management -> Site Collections -> View All Site Collections. Here you can find the Site Collection you are browsing to. When you select it you will see what content database it is in. You can also just delete the Site Collection here without the need to delete the entire content database. Instead of clicking View All Site Collections in the steps above click Delete a Site Collection. That is probably the better route to go.

    If you are using the User Profile Synchronization and this is where the picture URL is set then you will want to go to Central Administration -> Application Management -> Service Applications -> Manage Service Applications -> Click your User Profile Service App and then view the user profiles. Find the user you want to remove the pictureURL for and edit that user profile to remove the picture.

    Hope that helps!

    -Corey

    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:06 AM
  • Thank you for clarifying that.

    I'm trying to solve PictureURL for all the users. I'm running user profile sync, and when I ran powershell command:
    Update-SPProfilePhotoStore MySiteHost

    I recieve an error: Update-SPProfilePhotoStore : Error processing the photo URL http://OLDADDRESS:80/sites/mysitesUser


    bostjanc

    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:09 AM
  • Did you use the OldBaseUri and NewBaseUri parameters when you ran the Update-SPProfilePhotoStore cmdlet? That will do the conversion from one URL to another which is what you appear to be trying to do according to the other thread you have open on this.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607547.aspx

    -Corey

    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:18 AM
  • Yes, that is exactly what I'm trying to achieve.

    Even if I use OldBaseUri and NewBaseUri parameters (maybe I'm not using them correctly), that does not solve my problem.


    bostjanc


    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:45 AM
  • The only way I could solve it was with deleting all the user profiles (luckily this was a test environment) and pushing the full sync again.

    bostjanc

    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:46 PM
  • Probably a little late on this, but you have to specify the -MySiteHostLocation

    as the currently accessible (new) URI for mysites, not the old one.

    so your command would look similar to this:

    I updated my MySite web application from http://sp:8000 to http://sp:8001 and ran:

    Update-SPProfilePhotoStore -MySiteHostLocation “http://sp:8001” -OldBaseUri “http://sp:8000/User Photos/Profile Pictures/” -NewBaseUri “http://sp:8001/User Photos/Profile Pictures/”

    This corrects the issue by re-basing all the old URLs to the new mysite host url.

    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:23 AM