none
SSRS AX2009 complex TSQL

Question

• Hi ,

has anyone worked with AX2009 using just Tsql , there are a few books out there and they talk about reports using AOT queries, report data provider classes, etc, I worked on  a project a year ago and was reporting against a datawarehouse and AX2009 , but they were just simple reports against CustTrans and CustInvoice etc , so I am wondering was I missing something

Thanks in advance

Saturday, March 29, 2014 5:18 PM

Answers

• Hi tsingh,

If we are using the predefined Dynamics AX data source, click the ellipsis button (...) to open the Select an AX Query dialog box where we can select a query that is defined in the AOT. In this dialog box, we can also select which fields are to be returned by the query. If we are using a data source other than the predefined Dynamics AX data source, click the ellipsis button. If our data source is a SQL data source, the SQL query builder displays where we can build a TSQL query string. If it is an OLAP data source, the OLAP query builder displays where we can build an MDX query string.

So if we want to use TSQL query, we should use SQL data source. If we use Dynamics AX data source, we need use AOT. For more details, please see:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc621410(v=ax.50).aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 31, 2014 9:52 AM