none
someone help me to fix below windows activation error on windows 2008 r2 server x64

Question

• someone help me to fix below windows activation error on windows 2008 r2 server x64 i am using trail evaluation version but sure how to fix i am looking for steps

sccmghost@hotmail.com

Sunday, February 02, 2014 11:06 AM

Answers

• Without a license key, this server will not activate.

You will need to purchase a key to move forward.

- Chris Ream -

**Remember, if you find a post that is helpful, or is the answer, please mark it appropriately.**

Sunday, February 02, 2014 3:43 PM
  • The 2008 R2 evaluation version should have built-in MAK. You could try using;

slmgr.vbs /ipk <MultipleActivationKey>

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, February 02, 2014 3:59 PM

All replies

• This error means that it cannot find your KMS server.  By default, when you setup a new server, it will try to activate by using a DNS record: _vlmcs._tcp.<domain>

You will either need to point it at your KMS server manually:

slmgr.vbs /skms <server>:1688

Or make a DNS record for your KMS server in DNS. **Preferred**

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A KMS Server, then you need to enter a KMS.  By the look of it, you have either entered the KMS client key, or you haven't entered anything.

Do you have a KMS server or do you have a license key?

- Chris Ream -

**Remember, if you find a post that is helpful, or is the answer, please mark it appropriately.**

Sunday, February 02, 2014 3:10 PM
  • i don't have KMS server & license key i just download trial version from internet

sccmghost@hotmail.com

Sunday, February 02, 2014 3:26 PM
  • Without a license key, this server will not activate.

You will need to purchase a key to move forward.

- Chris Ream -

Sunday, February 02, 2014 3:43 PM
  • The 2008 R2 evaluation version should have built-in MAK. You could try using;

slmgr.vbs /ipk <MultipleActivationKey>

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, February 02, 2014 3:59 PM