none
Office 2010 Remoteapp and multiple documents

Question

• I have a windows 2008 r2 (3 servers) remote desktop farm with office 2010 installed.  Remoteapps are published to all the desktops with group policy.

When a user opens word/excel documents, this fires up the remoteapp on the terminal server and it works great. The problem is I've a couple of users who want to open multiple documents in multiple windows.  However opening a second document/spreadsheet only opens another tab within the same word/excel instance. 

Is there anyway to get word/excel to display 1 document in 1 instance.  The setting "Show all windows in the Taskbar" makes this work in a full rdp session but not with remoteapp.

It appears this behavior was changed for Office 2013 but I cannot find anyway to make this happen with remoteapp/office 2010.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Thank you for posting your issue in the forum.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 02, 2013 8:10 AM
  • Maybe you can try to create another thread to Office forum since this is not a TS issue.

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.”

Monday, August 19, 2013 4:00 AM
  • Maybe you can try to create another thread to Office forum since this is not a TS issue.

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.”

This does not answer the question, I am not sure why it was marked as an answer.

The issue is ts related as even the setting "Show all windows in the taskbar" does not have the same behavior in remoteapp vs local installed app.  

I'm still hopeful Andy may possibly come up with an answer, for the time being we have the user clicking on view>arrange windows> vertical to put two excel spreadsheets side by side in the same window to compare them.  its a clunky work around especially if she has more than two excel files open.

Monday, August 19, 2013 3:46 PM