none
Package with ODBC connection

Question

• I have a program that uses a ODBC connection. Before running App-V sequencer, I added a Dummy ODBC User/System connection and during the monitoring sequence, I created the actual ODBC System connection to the SQL database. At the end, when I run the program, it seems to work fine from my Windows 7 base sequence machine. However, when I publish in App-V, it does not open properly from that server (2008R2). I even published using XenApp to a W7 desktop and got same issue.

Error I receive is :

SQL Server is not responding. Error 2147467259
    [MVBNET] LoginMod Automation error.
    The system cannot find the file specified.

I tried adding the ODBC connector to the XenApp publishing server but same issue.

Anyone come across similar issue before?

Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:45 AM

Answers

• Managed to get working by installing apps runtime files on the Citrix XenApp server and not in the App-V sequencer.
    • Marked as answer by Millsyboy Thursday, July 31, 2014 1:23 PM
    Thursday, July 31, 2014 1:23 PM

All replies

• You may be helped by How to Troubleshoot Connecting to the SQL Server Database Engine

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/2102.how-to-troubleshoot-connecting-to-the-sql-server-database-engine.aspx 
    Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:59 AM
  • Thank you but its not related to that, its more to do with App-V and ODBC.
    Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:50 AM
  • Managed to get working by installing apps runtime files on the Citrix XenApp server and not in the App-V sequencer.
    • Marked as answer by Millsyboy Thursday, July 31, 2014 1:23 PM
    Thursday, July 31, 2014 1:23 PM
  • I've found that sometimes certain runtime files aren't captured by the sequencer.  This usually happens for me for the older VC runtimes.  To fix this, do a comparison between what files are actually captured and what should be there, then copy the files into the package after the fact. 
    Monday, August 04, 2014 7:38 PM