none
MOSS View Published Version of Page (not draft)

Question

• Might be a stupid question, but in MOSS how do I view the currently published version of the page and not the current draft version?
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 2:04 AM

All replies

• Hi  Peter_D503,

According to your description, my understand is that  you want  to see the current version of page. To view the version for a page,, on the Page Editing toolbar, click Tools, and then click Version History. You will find all version of the page also include the current version.

You can reference  the following link

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/work-with-pages-in-a-publishing-site-HA010099663.aspx#BM9

Thanks,

Jack Gao

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 5:19 AM
  • There is no "Revision History" option. If I click Version History, I can see the Version History (obviously) but when I view the item, I only see the "DispForm.aspx" view of the page (i.e. the Form view with all the data fields/columns) rather then the final presented/published view.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 5:22 AM
  • hi,peter_D503

If  your  site is  publish type, you can find it. I can give you some screenshots for sharepoint server 2007

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:06 AM
  • When you view the Version History details, it only shows the DISPFORM.ASPX view: this is not the published view of the page.

I want to see the original published page.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:08 AM
  • Can anyone assist with this?
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:16 PM
  • hi,peter_D503

When you view the history details,you can see all the version of the list.

Friday, December 23, 2011 7:42 AM
  • Peter,

If you browse the page (with its full URL), you will get the latest version (published or draft) rendered. To be more clear here is a sample scenario

Consider we have a page named index.aspx with the following versions

Minor Version : 2.1 (draft)

Major Version : 2.0 (published and approved).

Now if a user having 'Full Control' browses the page, he will see the 2.1 version being rendered (ie., draft version).

And if a read only user (or users without editing permissions) browses the same page, they will see the 2.0 version of the page being rendered. (but not 2.1).

So, in your case, just browse the page with a read only user account and you will see the latest published version available.

Ram Prasad Meenavalli | MCTS SharePoint 2010 | MCPD SharePoint 2010
    Friday, December 23, 2011 7:50 AM
  • Hi, from the version history you get the all the versions including current version of the file.
    anil, Mark as Answer if it helps..
    Monday, December 26, 2011 7:16 PM
  • Thanks Ram - unfortunately I don't think this is good enough. There should be a way to view the originally published version of the page.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 11:49 PM
  • Peter,

One more way which I can think of is 'extending the web application'.

Extend your web application to a different port, and make it fully anonymous. And then browse your pages through the extended web application, then you will see the latest published version.

Ram Prasad Meenavalli | MCTS SharePoint 2010 | MCPD SharePoint 2010
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 3:42 AM
  • Thanks Ram... another solution, but it's really overkill. Really, it's another missing feature from WCM, which I wonder if even SP2010 has fixed...
    • Edited by Peter_D503 Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:57 AM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:57 AM
  • You know, thinking back, even MCMS had this feature.
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 11:13 PM