none
Unable to Connect to PCs via remotewebaccess Error: -2147024894

Answers

• Hi,

Inside the Network failed to connect to the remote computer. From the error message below:

Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway address requested and the certificate subject name do not match

It seems that the client gateway address has been set. I think you could run ipconfig /all on the client PC to verify the network status.

At the same time, you could look into the MMC with certificates snap-in to verify the FQDN match your server name.

BTW, I think you could look into the Event Viewer to verify whether there are some related errors or warnings related.

Regards,
    James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 16, 2012 6:39 AM
  • Okay, the short answer is that somehow the individual user's profile on the workstation is corrupted. I don't know how, or why, but when you log in to the same computer under a different profile it works fine. By creating a new user profile on the workstation it works again.

The bigger issue for me is that I have had this happen on three different computers now but in the past I didn't have any error message so ironically I was able to troubleshoot it more quickly.

I just hate the idea that this is happening with a frequency that I may be creating more new user profiles than I care to!

• Marked as answer by MikeinCA Friday, March 23, 2012 4:09 PM
    Friday, March 23, 2012 4:09 PM

All replies

• I Have 8 servers with sbs 2011 (in 8 different clients) with the same error since microsoft updates from yesterday... since microsoft didn't send any patch or update to correct this problem i'm considering making a system restore to 3 days ago and stop updating from microsoft update until microsot garantees that the updates don't stop vital resources from servers...
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:18 PM
  • Is it working from inside the network at all?

Are all of the services set to automatic startup running?

Robert Pearman SBS MVP (2011) | www.titlerequired.com | www.itauthority.co.uk

Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:42 PM
  • Inside the network I get the following errror when trying to use Remote Desktop via http://servername:

"Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway address requested and the certificate subject name do not match."

I went into the certificate snap-in and verified I only have the one GoDaddy self-signed certificate servername.remotewebaccess.com (I created a different self-signed certificate earlier and manually deleted it).

This article is the closest I could find to my problem but I certainly don't want to delete the RD role and reinstall. As Susan Bradley states, it will break the wizard:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/smallbusinessserver/thread/d02a67c9-1422-4bf7-857b-5cf3a73740c5/

• Edited by MikeinCA Thursday, March 15, 2012 5:27 PM added
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 5:26 PM
  • Hello robert

Inside the network i run the url and it works fine conectiong from RemoteWebaccess. When i try to connect from outside, i login fine in remote web workplace but when i press the connect button to acess the computer, it gives me that error... the router is fine, and it happens in 8 different geografical places and servers... it worked fine until yesterday's updates... i've tried to unistall all the updates, but o i think the microsoft's correction to prevent hackers to enter from outside via Remote desktop in server hat realeased yesterday is doing this problem...

Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:23 PM
  • That fix does not apply to TSgateway, so i dont know if that is right or not.

MikeinCA - you should be able to use the same external name, as the certificate uses, from inside the network.

Robert Pearman SBS MVP (2011) | www.titlerequired.com | www.itauthority.co.uk

Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:14 PM
  • Hi,

Inside the Network failed to connect to the remote computer. From the error message below:

Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway address requested and the certificate subject name do not match

It seems that the client gateway address has been set. I think you could run ipconfig /all on the client PC to verify the network status.

At the same time, you could look into the MMC with certificates snap-in to verify the FQDN match your server name.

BTW, I think you could look into the Event Viewer to verify whether there are some related errors or warnings related.

Regards,
    James

James Xiong

Friday, March 16, 2012 6:39 AM
  • Hi,

Any Update?

James

James Xiong

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:43 AM
  • I am working on it through another channel. I will post my solution later.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:35 PM
  • I am working on it through another channel. I will post my solution later.

Hi,

Thanks for your time and notificatioin. I really appreciate that you could share the resolution with us. Thanks for your sharing. :-)

Regards,

James

James Xiong

Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:26 AM
  • Okay, the short answer is that somehow the individual user's profile on the workstation is corrupted. I don't know how, or why, but when you log in to the same computer under a different profile it works fine. By creating a new user profile on the workstation it works again.

The bigger issue for me is that I have had this happen on three different computers now but in the past I didn't have any error message so ironically I was able to troubleshoot it more quickly.

I just hate the idea that this is happening with a frequency that I may be creating more new user profiles than I care to!

• Marked as answer by MikeinCA Friday, March 23, 2012 4:09 PM
    Friday, March 23, 2012 4:09 PM
  • I just had a client that ran into this. What fixed it was simply adding their remote URL to the Trusted sights list in IE.
    • Proposed as answer by JRBlood Friday, April 27, 2012 5:59 PM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 5:58 PM
  • Hopefully that's the fix next time!
    Friday, April 27, 2012 6:01 PM