none
Different Applications Wizard items based on DB location

Question

• Hi,

I'm using MDT 2013 with a database. I have set up several locations in the DB for different offices in different countries. I have added a long list of applications in the Deployment Workbench.

As there are lots of different applications beeing used by different companies i would like to show one subset of applications for company A and another subset of applications for company B and so forth.

How can I do this based on the location in the database?

• Edited by ZarlacMing Sunday, March 16, 2014 2:00 PM
    Sunday, March 16, 2014 1:57 PM

Answers

• Add the applications to folders based on the locations and then create selection profiles for each of the location containing only the apps for said location.  Then point your locations (using defaulgateways) to there respective profile using the WizardSelectionProfile= in your cs.ini or the details tab of the location in the db.
    Monday, March 17, 2014 4:57 PM

All replies

• Add the applications to folders based on the locations and then create selection profiles for each of the location containing only the apps for said location.  Then point your locations (using defaulgateways) to there respective profile using the WizardSelectionProfile= in your cs.ini or the details tab of the location in the db.
    Monday, March 17, 2014 4:57 PM
  • Thank you very much, that worked exactly as I wanted. I placed the name of the selection profile I created in the WizardSelectionProfile in the details tab of the location in db.

Mikael Schultz

Monday, March 17, 2014 7:57 PM