none
DHCP Server Issue

Question

• Hi,

We are facing a very weird issue with one of our DHCP server. The DHCP server is Windows 2008 Server. We have configured the scope. The clients are getting the IP address from DHCP server, and the lease is showing in the DHCP console. But after some time the Lease information gets removed from DHCP Server Console. The client still keeps that IP and we can ping that PC. Lease information keeps coming and going from Console. If I check the DHCP log file I can see that DHCP server is assigning same IP to same host again and again.

Sometime the same IP gets assigned to other PC and IP conflict occurs. We have tried changing the DHCP server but same issue.

Please suggest

Friday, February 28, 2014 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You referred the issue occurred on one of the DHCP servers. Could you tell the relationship among the issued on and the others?

Can you share a snippet log file that is unusual?

Meanwhile, you can try the articles. Especially for the subtitle “The DHCP server appears to have suffered some data corruption or loss.”

Troubleshooting DHCP servers

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc779112(v=ws.10).aspx#BKMK_4

Monday, March 03, 2014 3:16 AM
  • I have checked but the link was not helpful.

We have many DHCP servers in network but this is the one in Subnet. All others are working fine but the issue is there with this DHCP server only

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 11:47 AM