none
Unable to Remove a SCCM 2012 Admin thats no longer needed

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to Remove an Administrator from SCCM 2012 from the console, he left the company and i have taken over from him,

I am unable to remove his account, the one thing i did find is that he is configured for the Security Scopes to "All" while mine is set to "Default" but we both have the same permissions everywhere, i just need to remove him as a Company Policy procedure.

He did install and Configure SCCM would that have an Impact to the Built-in Security Scopes?

• Edited by Werner.Deysel Monday, April 29, 2013 7:11 PM Removed Image for Security Reasons
    Friday, April 26, 2013 1:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• If the account was used to perform the install then don't delete it. Disable the account in AD and you are OK.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Friday, April 26, 2013 2:39 PM
  • I have a similar issue where the account used to install ConfigMgr is set as a full administrator and I can not delete the account, nor can I remove it's security role of "Full Administrator". 
    Instead of disabling this account in AD, I would like to be able to remove it completely from the Administrative Users list. I have setup resource groups and service accounts as Administrative Users as needed and no longer have any use for this specific user account in SCCM. 

(The account cannot be disabled or deleted in AD since the employee associated to the account is still working for the company.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:10 PM
  • As Peter stated, this is not an acceptable solution if the account belongs to a user who still works for the organization.
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:07 PM