none
Retrieving new colums from source data in an existing PowerPivot Connection

Question

• Hi, I've added a new column to the source data my PowerPivot report is connecting to.  I'm publishing an SQL query to a flat .txt file on our shared drive.  The file overwrites on a weekly basis.

Please note this is not actually a SQL Server connection, I just can't find the right forum for it.

I've updated the SQL to include a new column, but when I refresh the existing connection, even though the new column is clearly apparent in the .txt file and shows up if I select "edit" and load the preview info, it will not show up in the refresh.

I've got a number of calculated columns running and I'd hate to have to start from scratch and redefine the measures.

Is there a way to get this new column to import properly?

Friday, August 30, 2013 12:46 AM

Answers

• Is there a way to get this new column to import properly?

Hello Jason,

With the button "Refresh" you will refresh only the table data, but not the table design.

For this please open "PowerPivot Window", go to the table and there on tab "Design", click on "Table Properties". In the dialog "Edit Table Properties" you can select the new column by setting the checkbox for it; see screenshot below.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, August 30, 2013 4:51 AM
    Answerer