none
No new reports showing on Reporting server after installing MPs on SCOM.

Question

• HI all,

I have created  a new SCOM environment ,Installed SQL Server 2012  +SCOM 2012 SP1 on single same server. Used single  same Domain user account for  whole installation process.

It installed properly  without any issue then I installed basic OS MPs and Reports but now am getting following error on event view on SCOM machine.

Report deployment process failed to request management pack list from SQL RS Server. The operation will be retried.

Exception 'WebException': The operation has timed out

One or more workflows were affected by this. Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Deployment.Report

Instance name: cc6f157c-ef9d-4aec-9ebd-916a4bb6df57

Instance ID: {AAF5D894-7FF0-0C1E-43C7-F78945DB41F3}

Management group: SCOM Management Group

Event:31552

Failed to store data in the Data Warehouse.

Exception 'SqlException': Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

One or more workflows were affected by this. Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.StandardDataSetMaintenance

Instance name: Alert data set

Instance ID: {FC605F9A-80B8-6F7B-78DD-7B412C95FA22}

Management group: SCOM Management Group

that why  may be due to these errors  No new reports showing on Reporting console on Operation manager after importing MPs ,I can able to access Reports server All URL  AND all the default Reports showing there except the new one.

Alerts on operation manager

Please help me to know exact reason where fault from SQL DB side or Operation manager and how to resolve this.

• Edited by Richa km Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:41 AM
    Friday, November 15, 2013 7:22 AM

All replies

• 1. check whether SCOM Reporting and SCOM DW at the same server
    2. on the management server, whether you can access the path http://reportserver/reports
    Roger
    Friday, November 15, 2013 7:58 AM
  • Roger,
    Yes  SCOM Reporting and SCOM DW are at the same server even  all the components are  on the same server.

URL:

• Edited by Richa km Friday, November 15, 2013 12:20 PM
    Friday, November 15, 2013 12:11 PM
  • are you seeing a lot of 31552? SQL server performance issue?

or data warehouse account permissions issue? any failed logins in the sql logs?

• Edited by John_Curtiss Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:31 PM
    Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:31 PM
  • Yes am getting lots of  31552 error on event viewer.
    But i couldn't get any login failed issue or permission issue exactly anywhere in alerts or errors.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:33 PM