none
Windows Server Addins Infrastructure Service Windows Server Identity Management Service Windows Server Server Backup Service

Question

• Over the last few days I have started getting this error off a SBS 2011 Essentials box I have inherited.

Error is:

SBS: One or more services are not running

The following important Windows services are not running: Windows   Server Addins Infrastructure Service Windows Server Identity Management   Service Windows Server Server Backup Service Note: Services can be stopped   when software updates are applied.

It seems to have started after a update to .NET Framework 4.5.1. I have restarted the services, but it seems that when the backups kick in, the error cycle is initiated. I am a newbie to Servers and need some help to troubleshoot this.

Thursday, January 30, 2014 11:37 AM

All replies

• Well there was an issue with .net 4.5.1 on SBS 2011 Standard, that may be related here.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2014/01/13/troubleshooting-an-unexpected-error-occurred-message-when-using-remote-web-access-to-connect-to-computers.aspx

The fix was essentially to remove .net 4.5.1 and then repair some application pools.

Robert Pearman SBS MVP
    itauthority.co.uk | Title(Required)
    Facebook | Twitter | Linked in | Google+

Friday, January 31, 2014 3:35 PM
  • I understand that it might be related, but I don't get any of the errors noted with RWA, nor any issues that are noted in your link. The box is perfect but for the 3 services that are now in-consistent, and seem to stop working when backups start. I also dont want to remove .Net when I am a newbie to servers, and repair things I don't have any idea doing. 

I understand you are trying to help, but nothing you have indicated notes anything I am dealing with.

Friday, January 31, 2014 8:07 PM
  • Understood.

In the system log you may find more detail on why the services are stopping around the backup.

What do you see there?

Robert Pearman SBS MVP
    itauthority.co.uk | Title(Required)
    Facebook | Twitter | Linked in | Google+

Saturday, February 01, 2014 8:17 AM