none
Excel Opens Outlook Attachment/Digital Cert

Question

• Hello

OK so the situation is I have one model of computers here that continually open digitally signed forms in protected viewExcel or word). All other models bypass this like they should. All trust Center settings are identical across all machines.

To fix this issue trying to repair Office does not work but a clean reinstall does. But this is not practical solution because we have about 70 machines in the environment already.

Only diffence I can find is the versions are slightly different 14.0.6129.5000 (does not work) 14.0.6023.1000 (works) any idea what patch should be removed to roll it back? or what patch (security update) would cause this?

Thanks

Cody

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my research, I find a security update in December 11, 2012.

The version is 14.0.6129.5000.

I think we may find a test computer to restore before December 11, 2012 and check the issue.

Please refer to the link:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2760410/en-us

On the other hand, I recommend you may upgrade Office SP2 in a test computer.

Microsoft may be fixed the issue in SP2.

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, I find a security update in December 11, 2012.

The version is 14.0.6129.5000.

I think we may find a test computer to restore before December 11, 2012 and check the issue.

Please refer to the link:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2760410/en-us

On the other hand, I recommend you may upgrade Office SP2 in a test computer.

Microsoft may be fixed the issue in SP2.

Regards,

George Zhao

Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:08 AM
  • Hi,

I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.

If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

George Zhao

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:01 AM