none
Client Application Catalog Issue

    Question

  • Hello,

    I have a machine running Windows 7 Ent SP1 with the SCCM 2012 SP1 CU2 client installed.  When the user logs into Application Catalog in IE to install any application from there, it fails, displaying the error, "Cannot install or request software".  On this same computer, using Firefox 17.0.9 ESR, all application installs work via the Catalog using the same credentials.  I have verified the site is put in the trusted sites zone in IE.  I have tried using IE 9 and 10.  I have verified that Silverlight (v5) is installed and working.  I'm really at a loss at why IE is not able to work with the Catalog.  CCM log files don't really show anything wrong.  The client does not have a ConfigMgrSoftwareCatalog.log file in the user profile directory.  Are there other logs I should be looking at?  I've reset IE settings and tweaked IE security settings--all to no avail.  Does anyone have any ideas about this?

    Kevin



    • Edited by Ixel Friday, October 04, 2013 8:21 PM
    Friday, October 04, 2013 8:01 PM

Answers

  • Thanks for your reply, Jorgen.  After spending a few hours playing the idiot, I finally found the answer.  IE was running in protected mode and breaking functionality with the Catalog.  I was under the impression that adding the Catalog's URL to trusted sites would disable protected mode, but apparently our GPO that enables protected mode for all site zones trumps that action.  Ugh.  Now to have conversations with our security group, as I'm sure they requested those settings for IE.

    Kevin

    Monday, October 07, 2013 5:20 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Are there anything interesting logged in the ConfigMgrSoftwareCatalog.log file? Have you set the Other Silverlight setting in the client settings?

    Allow Silverlight applications to run in elevated trust mode

    "

     Normally I would still guess that it is related to IE settings though if it works using Firefox.

    Regards,
    Jörgen


    -- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

    Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:23 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, Jorgen.  After spending a few hours playing the idiot, I finally found the answer.  IE was running in protected mode and breaking functionality with the Catalog.  I was under the impression that adding the Catalog's URL to trusted sites would disable protected mode, but apparently our GPO that enables protected mode for all site zones trumps that action.  Ugh.  Now to have conversations with our security group, as I'm sure they requested those settings for IE.

    Kevin

    Monday, October 07, 2013 5:20 PM