none
How to rename a filter in a pivot chart

Question

• Hello,

I am trying to create a pivot chart that has filters. I add the fields for the filters to the report filters list. I would like to change the text displayed on the filter button like I can for the legend and values. The report filters section does not enable the Value Field Settings dialog box like the other options do. I've looked in the toolbar to see if there is another way to change the text displayed, but can't find an option, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thank you
    Tracy

• Edited by LadyTester Thursday, May 01, 2014 9:52 PM
    Thursday, May 01, 2014 9:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Tracy,

It seems the PivotChart report doesn't allow us to remane the filters name. One workaround is we can rename the column name what you want in the PowerPivot data model, and then add the filters to the PivotChart.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 3:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Tracy,

It seems the PivotChart report doesn't allow us to remane the filters name. One workaround is we can rename the column name what you want in the PowerPivot data model, and then add the filters to the PivotChart.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 3:20 AM
  • hi elvis,

thank you for letting me know that filters cannot be renamed in a pivot chart. i thought that i had done something horribly wrong. i am a little shocked about this because in the previous version of powerpivot, the report filters could be renamed on pivot charts, so i don't understand why the functionality was taken away.

i'm curious to know if is there a way to put in a request to the power pivot programmers that functionality be added back that was taken away - or at least provide an explanation of why the functionality was taken away?

tracy

• Edited by LadyTester Sunday, June 01, 2014 1:53 AM
    Sunday, June 01, 2014 1:49 AM