none
RDS 2012 Remote App Active Window not coming to the front

Question

• We are working with RDS 2012 and publishing a remote App.  The App has many windows that open within it and a few windows into their session the active window stops coming to the front.  Since this window opens behind the old window the user thinks the app locks up.  If they click off to the side and then open the Remote App window back the windows does come to the front, but this cannot be a solution.

We have tried changing the HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\ForegroundFlashCount to 3

and the HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\ForegroundLockTimeout  to 0

Anybody else encountered this?

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't think the changing of the above key will take effect on the specific remoteapp.This issue is caused by 3rd party application.So conferring with your application vendor will be an more efficient way.

Regards,
    Clarence
    TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:17 AM
  • Thanks Clarence for you reply.  When I run the app from the 2012 machine directly I have no issues with a window not coming to the fore.  Only when I'm running it via remote app do I experience this.  Do you still think the application vendor can assist with this?
    Monday, July 08, 2013 8:39 PM
  • Having the exact same issue described above. Contacted the 3rd party vendor and this does seem to be a Remote Desktop Services issue. I have also ran the app natively off the server with no issues. The issue only appears when running a Remote App. Our Remote App Server is 2012, clients are all Win7.
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:28 PM
  • These sorts of issues usually are caused by applications managing windows in ways RemoteApp doesn't know how to deal with properly (in other words, it's probably a RemoteApp bug). There are sometimes hotfixes to correct cases such as this, so it would pay to keep machines patched and to use the newest version of the RDP client available, but I can't guarantee it'll fix the particular issue you're observing. That said, there was a similar bug fixed in RDP 8.1, so once that's re-released for Windows 7 it would pay to give it a try.

Also, is the application you're having trouble with publicly available? If so, what is it?

Friday, December 13, 2013 10:59 PM