none
Unable to boot 64 bit OS

Question

• Hi all i have been trying to boot 64 bit but that never turns out to be successful .. I get the windows logo and after few min  i get a blue screen and a mouse pointer to move around and nothing happens. 

I have attached my system cofig , Please some one help me with this problem 

This is the best forum ! Make use of it :)

Friday, August 23, 2013 1:00 PM

Answers

• Hi SaiPrasad01,

Please try the following methods to solve this issue:

Method 1: Perform a safe mode.

Start your computer in safe mode to check if the accounts can work. As for how to start into safe mode, please review this KB article How to easily enter safe mode in windows 8? (One-click series).

Method 2: Perform the Automatic Repair tool

The Automatic Repair tool automates common diagnostic and repair tasks for startup issues.

1. Insert a Windows 8 DVD, or a flash drive with the Windows 8 installation files on it, into your computer.
    2. Boot to the System Recovery Options screen, and click on Advanced options and Automatic Repair.
    3. If prompted, choose the OS (ex: Windows 8) that you want to do an Automatic Repair on.
    4. If prompted, select an administrator account.
    5. Automatic Repair will now start "Diagnosing your PC", and attempt to automatically repair them.

Method 3: Perform system restore to previous working date.

1. Boot from the Windows 8 DVD.
    2. Click on Repair your computer once you get the welcome screen of installation with the option Install now.
    3. Click on Advanced Options on the next page.
    4. Select System Restore and check you can start the computer.

System Restore disclaimer: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed are removed.

Regards,

Lany Zhang

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:03 AM

All replies

• Hi SaiPrasad01,

Please try the following methods to solve this issue:

Method 1: Perform a safe mode.

Start your computer in safe mode to check if the accounts can work. As for how to start into safe mode, please review this KB article How to easily enter safe mode in windows 8? (One-click series).

Method 2: Perform the Automatic Repair tool

The Automatic Repair tool automates common diagnostic and repair tasks for startup issues.

1. Insert a Windows 8 DVD, or a flash drive with the Windows 8 installation files on it, into your computer.
    2. Boot to the System Recovery Options screen, and click on Advanced options and Automatic Repair.
    3. If prompted, choose the OS (ex: Windows 8) that you want to do an Automatic Repair on.
    4. If prompted, select an administrator account.
    5. Automatic Repair will now start "Diagnosing your PC", and attempt to automatically repair them.

Method 3: Perform system restore to previous working date.

1. Boot from the Windows 8 DVD.
    2. Click on Repair your computer once you get the welcome screen of installation with the option Install now.
    3. Click on Advanced Options on the next page.
    4. Select System Restore and check you can start the computer.

System Restore disclaimer: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed are removed.

Regards,

Lany Zhang

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:03 AM
  • With only 2GB of RAM you should stay at the 32Bit version.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:50 AM
    Answerer
  • For your information, please refer to the question What are the system requirments for Windows 8.1 preview of the article Windows 8.1 Preview: FAQ:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-faq

Regards,

Lany Zhang

Friday, August 30, 2013 11:52 AM
  • Does the E5200 support CMPXCHG16B? Does anyone know this? The x64 Preview needs it:

Why does Win 8.1 require CMPXCHG16B CPU instruction?
    http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/The-Defrag-Show/Defrag-CEO-Changes-Pinning-Sites-Form-Factor-Via-CMD#time=06m33s

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Friday, August 30, 2013 6:22 PM
    Answerer