none
SSAS 2012 Naive Bayes and Neural Network Data Mining Models

Question

• I have been using Analysis Services for 2008 and 2008R2 for several years as a faculty member at a university. We recently migrated to 2012. I have several instances installed on a server with 2012 Standard Edition and an instance installed with 2012 Enterprise Edition. In addition, I have a local copy of both 2008R2 Enterprise Edition and 2012 Standard Edition. I have encountered two issues with my data mining course related to Naive Bayes and Neural Networks in 2012 that I didn't have issues with in 2008R2.

Naive Bayes: It seems that you are no longer allowed to set more than one column as Predict (both Predict and Input) in either 2012 Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition. You could do so in 2008R2. The error message says that you cannot set more than one column to Predict. Also, the Set Algorithm Parameters only has MINIMUM_DEPENDENCY_PROBABILITY and is missing the rest of the parameters.

Neural Networks: The Set Algorithm Parameters window is empty. There are no parameters to set.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:46 PM