none
Removing Unwanted White-space from hidden footer and footer should display at the last page

Question

• I have a report which prints check and can have multiple page of transaction per check. And this check should be printed at the bottom last page. So i had created footer to accommodate all the data needed to be printed on that particular area. So if the report renders only 1 page it looks very good. but if it is more than 1 page the footer is displayed on the bottom last page, but somehow it is taking unwanted white space for the footer in all the previous pages. which is kind of annoying. 

i am using SSRS 2008 R2... can anyone please guide me to exact solution. because if this is the scenario there are many other reports where the long disclaimer has to be printed the bottom last page without wasting the white space creating by the footer. So i guess we need to scrap SSRS and go to some other reporting tools....

any help would be appreciated...

Friday, July 12, 2013 7:39 PM

Answers

• Hello,

In Reporting Services, when we create a page header or footer, it is displayed on each report page.We can suppress page headers and footers on the first and last pages by spcify the value for "PrintOnFirstpage" and "PrintOnLastpage".
    However, if you just want to display the content at the last page of the report, you can try to place the conent at the end of the report and it will display only on the last page. And then you can try remove the page footer if it is not needed.

Reference:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd220421.aspx

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 15, 2013 6:41 AM
  • Hello,

Based on description, you want to keep the "Check" content on the bottom of the last page. I'am afraid that We cannot the fix the location for report item on page. 

In Reporting Services, Renderers maintain the minimum space between report items that we define in the report layout.  And page breaks help to determine how the content is fitted to a report page for optimal viewing when rendering or exporting the report.
    Reference:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd255244.aspx

If you insists, you can try to minimize the height of the page footer.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu

Friday, July 19, 2013 8:46 AM

All replies

• I have the same problem. It will occur when print to word.

• Edited by KuTot Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:32 AM modify
    Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:30 AM
  • Hello,

In Reporting Services, when we create a page header or footer, it is displayed on each report page.We can suppress page headers and footers on the first and last pages by spcify the value for "PrintOnFirstpage" and "PrintOnLastpage".
    However, if you just want to display the content at the last page of the report, you can try to place the conent at the end of the report and it will display only on the last page. And then you can try remove the page footer if it is not needed.

Reference:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd220421.aspx

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu

Monday, July 15, 2013 6:41 AM
  • Hello Fanny, Yeah but in that case you don't know how much records will be there for that particular transaction. So the part of the footer as you want in the report body at the end will move up and down according to the data. I want that part to be constant and should only appear the bottom of last page and white space created because of the footer should be removed for all the previous header. Thanks
    Monday, July 15, 2013 7:49 AM
  • Does Anyone has the answer how to suppress the unwanted space which is left when page footer is hidden and displayed only on last page.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:29 PM
  • Hello,

Just as post above, We can not suppress page headers and footers except the first or last page.  

Thank.
    • Edited by Jin Chen Friday, July 19, 2013 8:44 AM typo
    Friday, July 19, 2013 8:43 AM
  • Hello,

Based on description, you want to keep the "Check" content on the bottom of the last page. I'am afraid that We cannot the fix the location for report item on page. 

In Reporting Services, Renderers maintain the minimum space between report items that we define in the report layout.  And page breaks help to determine how the content is fitted to a report page for optimal viewing when rendering or exporting the report.
    Reference:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd255244.aspx

If you insists, you can try to minimize the height of the page footer.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu

Friday, July 19, 2013 8:46 AM