none
Remove pane in web console for all users

Question

• #1.

In the web console, is there a way to not show (remove) pane #1 and pane #2 so that users who log into web console will not see them?

#2.

Is there a way to load the Dashboard by default when a user log in to the web console and not have to click on the Dashboard Link (in pane 1).

Regards

/Henrik

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:58 PM

All replies

• 1. For custominzation of web console, you may refer to the following post. Although it is for scom 2007 r2, it is valid for scom 2012. File path of default.aspx is C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2012\Web Console\MOnitoring view\default.aspx.

http://www.systemcentercentral.com/customizing-operations-manager-for-overviews-on-large-displays-such-as-plasmas-and-lcd-screens/

2. create a IE shortcut of web console with following http://scomserver/default.aspx#/view(id=8db1f5a7-f3f3-2646-6c6b-e34672f7ed98)

Roger

Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:03 AM
  • Hi And thanks for the edit to my question.

#2 might bee the correct solution. At least, it's doing what I want it to do.

#1. I'm doing edit in the default.aspx file but I cant see any changes in the dashboard. Is that because the dashboard is using Silverlight? So I'm not sure that's the correct file I'm editing. But there cant be any other file. 

Any idea?

Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:49 AM
  • In the link you sent there is someone with the same issue as me. I also use SCOM 2012 and it seems to not work there. So, I'm still looking for a solution to this.

/Henrik

"I tried this in Scom 2012. The folder Structure is not exactly the same, but i found the default.aspx. Unfortunately it seems not to work.

Can someone help me, please?"

Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:14 PM
  • Outside of the customizations suggested, I don't know of a supported way of doing this.

But good luck!

Scott Moss MVP (Operations Manager) President - System Center Virtual Users Group |Vice President - Atlanta Southeast Management Users Group (ATL SMUG)
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you!
    my new blog om2012.wordpress.com

Friday, September 27, 2013 1:02 AM
  • Ok. So question #1 is still unresolved.. If anyone knows, please let me know.
    Monday, September 30, 2013 8:53 AM
  • There is not a supported way of removing the panes, like I stated earlier. There is only limited amount of customizations that are allowed to the Silverlight application for supportability reasons. The only way to achieve what you are looking to do would be to write your own Silverlight front end for SCOM.

Scott Moss MVP (Operations Manager) President - System Center Virtual Users Group |Vice President - Atlanta Southeast Management Users Group (ATL SMUG)
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you!
    my new blog om2012.wordpress.com

Friday, October 04, 2013 12:54 PM
  • Hi Scott!

• Can you please tell me why the panes are removed if/when I show the dashboard on Sharepoint? Then I only see the dashboard without 1 and 2 in my screenshot.
    • However, then I get a message that sais "webbrowser is enabled only for out-of-browser applications"... and the web page that I want to display is not showing.
    Wednesday, October 09, 2013 6:32 AM