none
Power Query - OData Connection to CRM - On Premise

Question

• Hi All.

I'm trying to connect Power Query to CRM via an Odata connection and I cannot seem to get it to work.

I have an on premise CRM organization so I figured that the online issue wouldn't apply, but I might be wrong.

I post the OData URL when prompted, go to the organizational account sign in section and when I click sign in I'm met with this response:

Unable to connect. This credential type is not supported for this resource.

Is this something I'll have to resolve with our system administrator? or is connecting via OData something I won't be able to do yet?

I have version 2.10.3598.81 of Power Query.

Friday, March 21, 2014 7:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ted,

Organizational Account credentials (based on OAuth protocol) are not currently support for Dynamics on-prem OData feeds.

Are you able to try a different type of authentication, such as Windows credentials? This one should work.

Thanks,
    M.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 6:36 PM
    Owner
  • M.

Now the message I'm getting is that the URL doesn't point to a valid feed. It is a valid feed, however I've read other similar posts about how the Odata connection isn't available to online based CRM organizations. We have an on-prem set up so I'm rather confused as to why its giving me this message.

Thanks again for the help.

Monday, March 24, 2014 7:37 PM
  • Could you please use the Send A Frown feature in the Power Query Excel ribbon to send a feedback email? That will provide some additional data to help diagnose the issue.
    Friday, March 28, 2014 7:52 PM
  • Any idea on a fix time, I have the same issue?
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:59 PM
  • Can you please use the Send A Frown feature in Power Query so we make sure we have lots of data on the issue? that's the most helpful thing for us when we're trying to track these issues down. Thanks!
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:02 PM
  • It really is not supported for CRM IFD/ADFS On-Premise deployment. I wrote for that a special Proxy service (client side java console application), which makes transparent translation: 
    https:// <org>. crm. <domainname> .com/XRMServices/2011/OrganizationData.svc / 
    to: 
    http://localhost:8002/XRMServices/2011/OrganizationData.svc/
    Monday, July 07, 2014 10:21 AM