none
Exchange Server 2010 SP1 does not receive emails from one domain

Question

• We have Exchange server 2010 SP1 running on SBS 2011 Standard. Now we have an issue that we cannot receive emails from one company. They tried using a few addresses such as admin@, sales@, mark@ neither of those emails come to our inboxes. When they send emails to other companies and our gmail, hotmail accounts (personal accounts) we receive them with no issues.

I cannot find Edge Transport in our EMC (It might not have been setup). 

I checked Queue Viewer but I could not find any logs relevant to that domain.

Please let me know how I can overcome this issue.

Thank you.

Monday, August 19, 2013 3:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First, you can't find Edge transport in your EMC. If it is deployed (which probably is not the case, as you run SBS) it should have its own console. Are these email aliases (admin, sales,...) assigned to distribution groups? If they are, then you just have to disable authentication for distribution groups. Also, you can try to connect with telnet to your email server, and send email manually. There you can directly see if there's an error. For example:

telnet yourmailserver 25
    HELO local.domain.name
    MAIL FROM: sender@domain.com
    RCPT TO: Recipient@domain.com
    DATA
    SUBJECT: subjectofmessage
    Message body
    QUIT

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Damir

• Proposed as answer by damirdMVP Monday, August 19, 2013 8:04 AM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 8:04 AM
  • Hi damird

Thank you for the prompt reply. 

This is what exactly happening;

When Donna@ourdomain.com.au is sent an email by philip@sax.cl and mark@sax.cl, neither Donna receives it, nor xxx@sax.cl gets a bounce back notification.

Donna can receive emails on her gmail account when sent from sax.cl people. Also sax.cl receives email from donna@ourdomain.com.au.

So we got them to send us emails using their admin@sax.cl and sales@sax.cl, but did not arrive our exch.

Yes, Donna and Paul are in our Distribution Groups, I went to all Group properties one by one. 

Mail Flow Settings>Message Delivery Restrictions>Accept messages from ALL SENDERS, Reject messages from NO SENDERS, while "Require that all senders are authenticated" has been unchecked already.

I checked Queue Viewer but I could not find any logs relevant to sax.cl.

I added sax.cl to our Exch server white list;

EMC>Organisation configuration>Hub Transport>AntiSpam tab>IP allow list>right click>properties>added sax.cl

I also created this rule;

EMC>Organisation Conf>hub Transport>Transpost Rules>sax.cl where from address contains sax.cl redirects to donna@ourdomain.com.au

I also checked our domain and sax.cl for blacklist but no websites have blacklisted either of them.

We also use Trend Micro Worry Free Business Security Advanced Server Edition as our virus protection.

Can it be anything to do with Windows Server Firewall or Trend?

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:09 AM