none
Unable to Join Lync Meeting from OCS 2007 R2 client installed

Question

• Hello,

We are in process of migrating OCS 2007 r2 to  Lync 2010.

When the  Lync 2010 (migrated user) user  sends  Lync Online meeting ,  recipent ( lync 2010 user) logged with   OCS 2007 R2 client is unable to connect the meeting.

When the  recipent clicks  Join the Meeting ,  it directs to  Lync Webapp  or trying  Lync Attendee console , but both not joining meeting.

If the  same recipent logging from Lync 2010 client , he can able to join the meeting successfully.

please advise how to fix this ..

Regards Gopi K

• Edited by GOPI K Saturday, September 21, 2013 9:09 PM update the description
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 and Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 can join the Lync Server 2010 Meeting only if the administrator has enabled them.  For details, see the “Configuring the Meeting Join Page” section in this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412800(v=ocs.14).aspx

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:20 PM
    Friday, September 13, 2013 3:15 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks  , This option is provided the work around for us connecting Lync meeting from OCs 2007 R2 clients.

Upon Troubleshooting , we found that  Lync Load Balancer causing the issue

If we try to connect to  our Lync Online meeting ,  Lync WebApp getting failed.

However , if I put host file for Lync pool  to point my Front servers , I can able to join meeting successfully.

Any thoughts on this ..

Regards

K Gopi

Regards Gopi K

Saturday, September 21, 2013 8:45 PM