none
I've changed the PWA home page - how do I change it back

Question

• I've changed the home page in PWA from the page that shows you all the new tasks etc. to:

..../pwa/Project%20Detail%20Pages/Forms/AllItems.aspx

How do I change it back to the page it was originally?

Andrew

Trying to stop the swap to Salesforce - but the errors keep a coming

Monday, June 24, 2013 4:56 PM

Answers

• Sorry, I'm just about out of ideas.  You could create a new page, add quick-launch links to it, add the Reminders web part, etc., then make it your home page (you know how to do that ;-) )

Good luck!  Maybe someone here knows the easy way to recover.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can set the URL of the home Link under Site Actions/Site Settings/Navigation/Navigation Editing and Sorting/Home/Edit

Best,

Renke

http://www.holert.com Project Management with MS Project - Oldenburg, Berlin, Munich/Germany

Monday, June 24, 2013 5:16 PM
  • Hi Renke;

Thanks for the help... but

so far so good: I can change the home page: but... I can't find the page it was out the box. I can change to any page but I can't find the one where it lists the number of new tasks new approvals etc.

How do I find that page?

Here's what I see

Monday, June 24, 2013 7:54 PM
  • Change the URL for Home to ..../pwa/default.aspx

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Monday, June 24, 2013 10:12 PM
  • Hi

I think that's my problem - the default page is the PDP page - I can't find the page that lists the new tasks

Here's how it is set up

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:10 AM
  • I think I accidently pressed this button whilst on the PDP page

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:23 AM
  • Try looking in Site Settings > Site Welcome Page.  It should end with /[name of your instance].

Example:  http://domain.com/PWA

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:57 PM
  • Thanks Reid;

however if I open up Site Settings and [ctrl +f] on 'Site Welcome Page nothing' is there

I also tried doing this 'Reset Page to Site Definition Version' and either it doesn't work as I expected or I'm messing it up; as the default page still isn't the nice otb page with all the new tasks etc.

Anyone else know how I can revert it back to the true default page

Andrew

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:39 PM
  • OK, it's called Welcome Page.  It is the first item in the Look and Feel section.  You shouldn't have to Ctrl-F to find it

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:43 PM
  • I take it that it should be listed here: (but it isn't :( )

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:59 PM
  • Sorry, I'm just about out of ideas.  You could create a new page, add quick-launch links to it, add the Reminders web part, etc., then make it your home page (you know how to do that ;-) )

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:12 PM

This is perfect! - all I probably ever needed was the reminders web part; this has worked a treat. Thank you for your help. And I now know even more about creating these home pages than ever before.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:41 AM